Well, me hearties, I thought I'd start at the very beginning with numero uno ... the numeral 1 ... first thing's first ...
For the record, I'm not a pirate ...
I thought Uno was a clever name for my first post. Still do. But it didn't end there. It lead to a mad Google search, which is part of what life's all about (albeit a minuscule part) - to find out the exact definition of uno.
Well, blow me down! Here's a sampling of what I found (with a thankful nod to Wikipedia). It turns out uno is more than just a number.
Uno may refer to:
1. A card game
2. A political organization in Ecuador: Una Nueva Opcion
3. A bus company in the United Kingdom
4. A restaurant franchise (pizza anyone?)
5. A small town in Kentucky
6. A song by Muse
7. A Swedish sports car - the UNO 001
Just a few more ...
8. Universal Network Objects - the software component model used in OpenOffice.org
9. A cosmetic brand by Shiseido
10. A person's name, either first or last ("Yo, Uno! C'mere ...")
I feel like David Letterman. "The Top Ten Uses for the Word Uno."
Enlightening ... and you heard it here first!
Uno ... and I'm out!